Ketan Jahagirdar is an experienced product leader, entrepreneur, and PMO & Governance leader. He is the founder of ROI Blueprints and currently serves as Sopheon’s Director of Product Management. Ketan began his engineering career at Motorola where he developed the software for GSM cell phones and now has over 25 years of experience in technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and program management of complex multi-year transformation programs. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois-Chicago and a Master’s degree in Computer Science (Distributed Systems) from DePaul University.
Ketan joins me today to talk about the challenges of resource planning and resource management. We discuss why resource management is often undervalued and what he believes should be the primary focus when planning projects. We highlight the importance of being diligent when tracking the allocation of resources and how establishing high-level milestones can impact a project’s success. We explain what “quiet quitters” are in the workplace and how resource and project managers can identify and address underperforming employees. We also underscore the value of balancing market demands with employee demands and share tips for working with third-party suppliers.
“At the end of the day, the work is always hinged around resources.” - Ketan Jahagirdar
This week on Innovation Talks:
- Why resource management is undervalued
- The primary reason for frustration in any project
- Being diligent when tracking the allocation of resources
- The value of establishing high-level project milestones
- Breaking down milestones into daily and weekly tasks
- The benefits of short-term project planning
- Creating contingency plans
- How employee turnover impacts a company’s ability to plan and execute projects
- Ketan’s advice for identifying and addressing underperforming employees
- Integrating resource management tools
- Balancing market demands with employee demands
- Working with third-party organizations
- Podcast Episode: The Role of Project Management in Innovation with Ketan Jahagirdar
Connect with Ketan Jahagirdar:
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.