- Embrace the change necessary to start thinking differently
- Enable growth to take place for the right projects and for the right consumers
- Capture and communicate new product portfolio information for seamless sharing across the organization
- Lack of a cohesive set of product portfolio data and prioritization
- Disconnected and discontinuous legacy ERP systems and processes
- Undefined cross-functional project collaboration and decision-making best practices
How Sopheon helped
Throughout its digital transformation, The Hershey Company laid the groundwork necessary to be successful with its product portfolio management. Next, it sought a partner that could implement a new, systemized approach to executing the company’s new, more streamlined processes.
The Hershey Company chose Sopheon's Accolade software to bring the new approach to life. The singularity of this new approach – creating a single source of “truth” and transparency for cross-functional new product development – was a perfect match for Accolade's ability to streamline digital transformation execution.
Working together with The Hershey Company, Sopheon helped design and implement:
- Revised Stage-Gate® documentation with the gate decisions made by viewing analytics directly inside Accolade, eliminating PowerPoint® from most Stage-Gate® presentations
- Created a simple, consistent P&L process for all project types, for “apples-to-apples” comparison of risk and opportunity
- Consolidated eight different Stage-Gate® meetings and 30 different project types to three meetings and eight project types for more efficient decision-making
- Brought cross-functional teams together on a single platform for prioritization, workflow and resource management
- Enabled better company-wide resource allocation and communication through Accolade
What our customers say
Senior manager of portfolio process and analytics, The Hershey Company
Benefits and lessons learned
Watch this short video to hear about the tangible benefits of transforming Hershey’s PPM process and some lessons learned along the way.