Cris Beswick is a highly acclaimed global authority on innovation strategy, leadership, and culture and is renowned for his groundbreaking work in assessing corporate innovation maturity. He co-authored the best-selling book 'Building a Culture of Innovation,' which received recognition from the CMI as a Top Innovation Book in 2017. With a position as adjunct faculty at a business school and advisory roles on the boards of The Innovators CoLab and The Global Innovation Institute, Cris actively contributes to the field. He is also a co-founder of OUTCOME, a boutique innovation advisory firm.
Today, Cris and I discuss the importance of leadership and culture in driving innovation within organizations. We emphasize the need for a systemic approach to innovation and owning the innovation agenda. We analyze why designing an intentional culture is crucial to foster innovation, focusing on understanding a culture's significance, fostering a growth mindset, providing psychological safety, and continuous culture design. We highlight the effect of strong leadership, particularly during uncertain and disruptive times. We also discuss how to proactively shape organizational culture to drive innovation and adapt effectively.
“It's now becoming evident that the innovation system as a whole isn't where organizations really need it to be because they're recognizing that the system needs all of the components to work in harmony.” - Cris Beswick
This week on Innovation Talks:
- The challenges and opportunities for innovation organizations
- Why leadership and culture are crucial factors in driving innovation
- Why Cris advocates for a systemic approach to innovation
- Why ownership of innovation is not limited to the CEO
- How to design an intentional culture that fosters innovation
- The four key principles of design culture
- Why culture design is a continuous process
- The importance of strong leadership during uncertain times
- How to proactively shape an organization to adapt
Connect with Cris Beswick:
- Cris Beswick’s Website
- OUTCOME Website
- Book: Building a Culture of Innovation: A Practical Framework for Placing Innovation at the Core of Your Business by Cris Beswick
- Cris Beswick on LinkedIn
- Cris Beswick on Twitter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.