In this week's episode, we uncover information technology's lesser-seen yet pivotal role in driving innovation. We delve into the unique ways information technology professionals act as the unsung heroes of the innovation process, quietly powering and enabling companies to reach new heights of creativity and productivity. The conversation with Chris Meyer, the diamond excellence manager at Covestro, sheds light on how energy, in all its forms, fuels the transformative journey of companies and empowers individuals to push the boundaries of what is possible in their respective fields.
Chris Meyer is an exceptional innovator with a knack for connecting people and processes within a company to activate strategic visions and missions. In his role at Covestro, he has mastered the art of using visual tools like transformation maps to foster a deeper understanding of a company's goals from the ground up. His accidental involvement in innovation steered him towards becoming a certified black belt in Six Sigma methodologies, which he successfully implemented at Cabot. Chris's insight into process improvements and cultural transformation is thought-provoking and actionable, aiding companies to navigate the challenging terrain of innovation.
"Innovation is not just about R&D; it’s about how we can do things differently, including simple process innovations using software tools." - Chris Meyer
Today on Innovation Talks:
- Information technology is crucial in supporting and enabling innovation within a company.
- Embedding accessible resources facilitates greater innovation and reduces barriers.
- Cultural transformation often begins with establishing emotional connections.
- Grace, understanding, and guidance are critical in nurturing innovation and human interactions.
- Visual tools like transformation maps effectively link individual contributions to the company's mission and vision.
- Paying attention to small details can significantly impact morale and the innovation process.
- Sustainability and teaching innovation are crucial components of modern corporate strategy.
- Recognizing that innovation isn't confined to just R&D—it permeates through processes and practices—is vital.
Connect with Chris Meyer
- Transformation maps: A visual tool for aligning team goals with an organization's mission.
- Six Sigma: A methodology Chris Meyers uses to improve business processes.
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.