Hugh Blethyn is a Senior Managing Consultant at Sopheon where he is responsible for all aspects of our implementation teams, including our overall client success, engagement performance, and the teams’ well-being. Hugh offers a wealth of knowledge, experience, and insight into digital transformation, business sustainability, and innovation. He holds a Bachelors with Honors degree in Exploration Geology, Mineral Exploration Geology, and Management from Cardiff University, a Masters in Information Systems and Geospatial Information Systems, as well as a certificate in Business Sustainability Management from the University of Cambridge’s Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
Hugh joins me today to discuss how the concept of sustainable innovation has evolved over the last five years and the rising interest in businesses becoming more mindful of how they package their products. We discuss Hugh’s predictions for future trends in business sustainability and how government regulations are lagging behind what consumers are demanding and what many businesses are already doing. We share an inside glimpse into our sustainability webinar series and why more people within the workforce consider sustainability as a top priority in their job search. We also discuss what ‘natural capital’ is and how it is impacted by the supply chain industry.
“People are starting to realize that they need to be in control of their actions, in control of their sustainable decision-making.” - Hugh Blethyn
This week on Innovation Talks:
- What inspired Hugh to explore the world of business innovation and sustainability
- How the concept of sustainability and innovation has evolved in recent years
- Why more businesses are interested in ‘greener packages’
- What Hugh believes the future holds for sustainability and innovation in business
- How government regulation is lagging behind consumer demands in sustainability
- Understanding the three scopes of CO2 submissions
- What to expect from our sustainability webinar series
- Why sustainability is important to the workforce and labor market
- Understanding what ‘natural capital’ is and how it is impacted by the supply chain industry
- What Hugh believes our next steps should be in achieving sustainable innovation
- Thriving Sustainably Webinar 1: How to Approach Sustainability on a Corporate Level
- Thriving Sustainably Webinar 2: What Does a Sustainable Supply Chain Look Like
- Thriving Sustainably Webinar 3: Sustainable Innovation in Practice: A Conversation with Sappi
Connect with Hugh Blethyn:
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.