Huub Rutten is the Vice President of Sopheon’s Product Research and Design. He co-founded Polydoc, Sopheon’s predecessor, in 1993. He spent over 15 years in education and research, educating college students on linguistic disciplines and communication skills. He then moved to work as a strategy development consultant for various industries, including banking, healthcare, and aerospace. His focus for the last 20 years has been innovation management software and methodologies.
Huub joins me today to describe portfolio management and the steps involved in creating the ideal portfolio. He dissects different types of portfolios and defines portfolio management. He explains what to consider when making a portfolio. He discusses his experience in helping others manage their portfolios and offers tips for those who don’t know where to start. Huub also outlines the processes involved in creating the ideal portfolio.
"Strategy is the navigation system and portfolio management is the steering wheel." - Huub Rutten
This week on Innovation Talks:
- Huub's definition of portfolio management
- The different types of portfolios
- Addressing the confusion about portfolio management
- The right way to implement portfolio management
- The processes involved in portfolio management implementation
- Creating the ideal portfolio and the criteria to consider
- Huub's experience helping leaders manage their portfolios
- Huub's advice to those who want to get started with their portfolios
Connect with Huub Rutten:
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.