William Mulholland is a senior AI product management consultant and AI product leader. He currently serves as Senior AI Product Leader at the AI Accelerator Institute, an organization dedicated to connecting and empowering passionate AI infrastructure innovators. He is also a product leader member of the Product-Led Alliance. William attended the University of Wollongong’s Computer Science program and holds a BBA in Accounting and Management Information Systems from the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
William joins us today to discuss his journey into AI product management. He describes the value of cultivating a culture of curiosity and adaptation amid the accelerated speed of AI adoption and innovation. He illustrates how AI could be leveraged to address key challenges in government services, including reducing time and costs, promoting transparency, and creating positive social impacts. He explains the significance of aligning AI product strategies with an organization's strategic objectives and shares the keys to successful alignment. William also offers advice to organizations and individuals who are exploring the potential of AI technologies and underscores the importance of maintaining an agile mindset.
“With the speed of AI innovation, maintaining a culture of curiosity and adaptation is essential—especially for organization leaders to stay at the forefront of AI advancements.” - William Mulholland
This week on Innovation Talks:
- The role of an AI Product manager
- Why product managers need to stay current with AI technologies
- Leveraging AI to understand customers, product analytics, and software development
- The AI Accelerator Institute and its mission
- The rapid growth of interest in artificial intelligence
- Challenges in adopting AI
- Balancing AI experimentation and innovation with IP concerns and data security
- The need for governance and standards in artificial intelligence
- AI in state and local governments and William’s mission to leverage AI to improve government spending analytics
- The growing openness to AI in government when presented as a tool to enhance public services
- Fostering creativity, handling massive data, and enhancing user experience in digital products through AI
- Measuring model accuracy, false positives, false negatives, ethics and fairness, and other metrics specific to AI products
- The need for agility and adaptability in AI development
- Innovations and breakthroughs in AI and its potential in health and medical research
- William’s advice to organizations and individuals starting to explore AI
- The power of collaboration and community spirit in AI
Connect with William Mulholland:
- AI Accelerator Institute
- AI Accelerator Institute on LinkedIn
- AI Accelerator Institute on Facebook
- AI Accelerator Institute on Twitter
- William Mulholland on LinkedIn
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.