Robyn Bolton is a corporate innovation expert. She is the founder and Chief Navigator of MileZero, an organization that partners with business leaders and guides them through leveraging innovation to confidently and repeatedly grow revenue. Robyn began her professional career at Procter & Gamble, where she served as Brand Manager and was part of the team that launched the Swiffer and the Swiffer WetJet. She has also collaborated with innovators at companies such as Nike, Medtronic, and Teachers Pay Teachers. Robyn holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Miami University.
Robyn joins me today to discuss the relationship between leadership and innovation. She shares her background and how she began helping business leaders leverage innovation. She describes the innovator’s dilemma and explores why organizations find it difficult to innovate. Robyn also highlights “the ABCs of innovation” and the factors that build culture and offers advice to executives and leaders of innovation teams.
“Strategy and innovation have to go hand in hand. Innovation is not an end in itself—it has to be tied to, and in service of, achieving a strategic goal.” - Robyn Bolton
This week on Innovation Talks:
- MileZero’s purpose and what it means to be Chief Navigator
- What innovation means for Robyn
- Innovation burnout and the innovator’s dilemma
- Why innovation is the opposite of operations and what makes it difficult to achieve
- Why strategy and innovation have to come together
- Why companies struggle with innovation
- How to keep innovating during challenging times
- Addressing the shiny object syndrome in innovation
- Robyn’s five-year forecast on innovation
- Book: The Innovator's Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business by Clayton M. Christensen
Connect with Robyn Bolton:
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | GooglePlay | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeart
Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more listeners, like you.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.