Colonel Eddie Corrigan is the Assistant Head of the UK Ministry of Defense's division of Concepts, Strategy, Force Development, Doctrine and Lessons Defense Logistics. With over 33 years of tactical, operational, and strategic experience across a number of logistics and supply chain activities in the defense and global context, he has delivered logistics effects and outputs – including supply, distribution, movements, information services, and infrastructure – around the world. From 2007 to 2010, Eddie served in the Royal Logistics Corps where he was responsible for the Supply and Distribution of all supplies to a military force of over 10,000 people as well as commanding a regiment of 600 people.
Eddie joins me today to discuss the connection between innovation and defense for national security and military defenses. We discuss how he began working in innovation management and the challenges associated with creating, developing, and distributing new innovative technologies. We discuss the impact that the Russia/Ukraine conflict has had on the world of innovation. We discuss the relationship between corporate industries and the military, how it has shifted over the years, and how these collaborative efforts have become beneficial to civilians and the military alike. We discuss cyber-security, the challenges associated with defending against cyber threats, and the solutions currently available to help defend against cyber attacks. We also discuss the benefits of converting AI capabilities into defense assets and how startup corporations can begin collaborating with the military on creating new, innovative defense technologies.
“Industry does lead the way – but we are following quite closely.” - Colonel Eddie Corrigan
This week on Innovation Talks:
- How Eddie initially got involved in innovation management
- The challenges associated with creating innovative technology
- The ecosystem of using innovative ideas in national defense
- How the Russia/Ukraine conflict is impacting the world of innovation
- Collaboration efforts between national military defenses and corporate industries
- Eddie’s advice to startup corporations on collaborating with the military on new, innovative technologies
- Defending against cyber attacks and cyber-security issues
- Converting AI capabilities into beneficial military and defense assets
- The innovation and technology challenges Russia is currently facing in their conflict with Ukraine
Connect with Colonel Eddie Corrigan:
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.