Derek Osgood is the Founder and CEO of Ignition, the first dedicated go-to-market (GTM) platform built for product marketing and product teams. Their services centralize launch plans, assets, and executions that make launches easier to manage. Derek has over a decade of experience working with the industry's biggest names, including a role as Sony’s Product Manager for the PlayStation. He specializes in GTM, segmentation, user acquisition and engagement, and digital performance marketing. Derek joins me today to discuss what happens during a product launch and how Ignition makes it easier for launches to succeed. He shares his experience working with Sony’s PlayStation and describes some of the biggest challenges when launching a product. He explains why some launches fail and why that can dictate the long-term success of a product. Derek also details how the internet changed the way industries advertise and launch products.
"80% of CMOs say the launch window is make or break for the long-term success of the product." - Derek Osgood
This week on Innovation Talks:
- The services Ignition offers to their customers
- Derek's experience working in the gaming industry
- Challenges associated with the launch period
- The stakeholders involved in a launch
- Why launch plans can sometimes fail
- How companies prepare to guarantee success at launch
- How the internet disrupted the way industries advertise
- Defining "playbook" from the perspective of a launching platform
- Derek’s most significant piece of advice
- Why product teams don't like committing to exact dates
- What's in the pipeline for Derek and the team
- Derek Osgood on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | GooglePlay | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeart
Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more listeners, like you.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.