Mike Belsito is the co-founder of Product Collective, an online hub that serves over 30,000 technology product management professionals. The community provides tools and resources—and hosts virtual and in-person meet-ups—for those in the innovation industry. Mike is also the co-host of Rocketship.FM, a podcast for product managers, entrepreneurs, and anyone in tech. They discuss various topics in the product industry, from management to funding. Mike joins me today to discuss why in-person meet-ups are hard to replicate virtually. He describes the services Product Collective offers and reveals what sets them apart from other online communities. He shares how the organization fared at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. Mike also highlights the effort and preparation required to understand the market fully.
"The more you put yourself out there to meet other product people, the better off you'll be." - Mike Belsito
This week on Innovation Talks:
- How Mike got involved in innovation
- Why Mike's first company sale was a failure
- The first time Mike launched something
- What Product Collective is
- How their in-person conference business survived during the lockdown
- Why people don't always go to conferences for the content
- The best way to understand your customers
- How they adjusted their conference format according to customers’ struggles
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.