Eisha Armstrong is the co-founder of Vecteris, an organization that supports B2B services companies in productizing their offerings. Eisha advises CEOs, product management professionals, and companies on cultivating a culture where innovation can flourish. Before co-founding Vecteris, she held senior business management at E.W. Scripps with CEB (now Gartner). Over her 20 years of experience launching new data and information service businesses, she has managed million-dollar businesses and global teams of professionals. Eisha earned her MBA at the Harvard Business School and her Bachelor of Arts in Women’s Studies and Economics at the University of Kansas.
Eisha joins me today to discuss the role of culture in helping a services organization to successfully productize. She discusses the challenges of productization in B2B services and the need for significant change management and culture change. She outlines the "Four Horsemen of Innovation" that can hinder the transition to a culture of innovation within service organizations. Eisha also highlights the benefits of productization and underscores why organizations need to clarify their “why” before embarking on the journey of productization.
“There’s a lot of fear associated with going through a digital or a business model transformation. Those fears are hindrances when you try to create a culture of innovation—so naming them is important.” - Eisha Armstrong
This week on Innovation Talks:
- Eisha’s background and current role at Vecteris
- What motivated Eisha to write Productize and Fearless
- Three reasons for productizing services
- Anxiety over generative AI disrupting business services
- Significant challenges companies encounter when productizing services
- Three key transformations of the productization of services
- Overcoming the challenges related to productizing services
- Understanding why you want to productize your company’s services
- The LEAP framework to overcome fear and challenges during the productization process
- How mindfulness and gratitude practices can help with fear and anxiety around productization
- How companies are experimenting with generative AI
- The innovator’s dilemma and the four horsemen of innovation
- How Vecteris helps organizations looking to embark on the productization journey
- The importance of understanding the "why" behind the productization journey
Connect with Eisha Armstrong:
- Book: Productize: The Ultimate Guide to Turning Professional Services into Scalable Products
- Book: Fearless: How to Transform a Services Culture and Successfully Productize
- Vecteris on LinkedIn
- Eisha Armstrong on LinkedIn
- Eisha Armstrong on Medium
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.