Dr. Huub Rutten serves as the Vice President of Product Research and Design at Sopheon and is one of the company’s founding members. He holds a Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics and Literature, Theory of Science, Sociolinguistics, Speech Act Theories, and Language Teaching from the Radboud University in Nijmegen, Nigeria and has worked in the linguistics and language management sector for over 20 years. Prior to working at Sopheon, Huub has worked at several higher education institutes teaching linguistics and communication, including as an adjunct professor at the European Institute for Public Administrations. In today’s episode, Dr. Huub joins me to share his predictions on how governance will affect the market. We discuss why you should shift from being engineer-driven to becoming market-driven and how your company’s governance impacts every aspect of your business. We discuss the importance of creating a governance system and why it’s critical for your governance policies to fit your company’s culture. We discuss the impact of the CEO signing the policies and why it’s crucial for employees to commit to the policies with their CEO. We also discuss how Huub is helping companies create a governance system for their organizations while allowing room for flexibility and agility.
This week on Innovation Talks:
“The system is the face of the governance. Then, you work within the governance.” - Attribution
- Shifting your company from being engineering-driven to market-driven
- How governance impacts every aspect of your company
- Creating a governance system to ensure your company is following your governance policies
- What the Observer's Paradox is
- Why it’s crucial for your governance policies to fit your company’s culture
- How Huub is helping companies create a governance system for their organizations
- AI and Machine Learning in Innovation with Huub Rutten
- The Agile Mindset for Innovation with Huub Rutten
- Challenges with Developing Smart Products with Huub Rutten
- Book: The Inmates are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity by Alan Cooper
- Huub Rutten’s Website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.