Kevin Brady is a corporate and product sustainability expert dedicated to enhancing organizations’ environmental, social, and financial performance. He established Enterprise Consulting, where he helps Fortune and Global 500 companies across diverse industries such as mining, energy, consumer goods, transportation, and retail. In recognition of his outstanding contributions to clean capitalism, Kevin was named a member of Canada's Clean 16 in 2012. His extensive knowledge and expertise have been shared through various publications, including books and reports such as Mapping the Journey: Strategies and Action toward Sustainable Development, Eco-efficiency: Global Challenges and Opportunities in the 21st Century, and Corporate Social Responsibility: Lessons Learned. In addition to his consulting work, Kevin serves as an adjunct professor at Carleton University School of Industrial Design, where he imparts his wisdom to aspiring minds.
Today Kevin and I discuss corporate strategy in relation to sustainability. Kevin explains the strategies companies need to implement to address environmental and social challenges. He explores whether companies should set their own strategies, wait and comply with regulations, or be leaders in the field. He outlines why most leadership teams want to be leaders and how power can best be distributed. He reveals how leadership teams can evaluate their current position and formulate the best strategy and explains how exposure to good leadership can shape that strategy. Kevin also describes how companies can collaborate on innovative solutions in supply chain management and product development.
“It comes down to setting the strategy that's appropriate for your company, which may be ‘sit and wait,’ ‘comply with all the regulations,’ or ‘be out there in front and really seen as a leader.’” - Kevin Brady
This week on Innovation Talks:
- Kevin’s approach to corporate strategy
- How to make corporate strategy sustainable
- The three different strategies for sustainability leadership
- How to drive innovation with sustainability in mind
- The decision-making processes that are made at the product level
- The KPIs and metrics that matter most
- Where companies need to improve the most on sustainability
- How collaboration leads to solutions in supply chain management and product development
- Book The New Sustainability Advantage: Seven Business Case Benefits of a Triple Bottom Line by Bob Willard
Connect with Kevin Brady:
- Kevin Brady on Linkedin
- Book Mapping the Journey: Case Studies in Strategy and Action toward Sustainable Development
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.