Noel Sobelman is a leadership advisor from San Diego, California who helps established companies increase growth and productivity. Throughout his 35 years of professional experience, Noel has become an expert in innovation. He is also a writer and public speaker, sharing his expertise on how innovation can disrupt legacy systems. Noel is currently a partner at Accel Management Group, a business and consulting company that gives its clients data-driven competitive advantages. He specializes in working with corporate leaders in the areas of portfolio management, growth strategy, and innovation capability building. Previously, he has worked at Change Logic, Kalyspo, and Kyocera Wireless.
Today, Noel is back to discuss why you need a portfolio management capability in your company to boost productivity and make the best use of your company resources. He shares his insights into using portfolio management to prevent bottlenecks in the innovation process. He identifies the impact poor portfolio management can have on a company. He reveals the nine key elements that he investigates when he starts to work with a new client and how to identify challenges in your company. Noel also breaks down how you can improve planning and review processes to stay ahead of the rapidly changing economic environment.
“As we go further into this market downturn, companies are gonna be rethinking their strategies. Make sure that you have the mechanisms for making sure that any change in strategy filters down to the projects that you're prioritizing in your portfolios.” - Noel Sobelman
This week on Innovation+ Talks:
● Why portfolio management is important
● How portfolio management affects company-wide productivity and future investments
● How to ensure your company is working on the most valuable output
● How to prevent bottlenecks in your development pipeline
● The core symptoms of poor portfolio management
● Why your annual plan needs to be revisited throughout the year
● How portfolio management can help you vet ideas
● How to build a strong portfolio management capability
● Questions to ask leadership in your company
● The types of portfolio management systems Noel has found the most effective
● Nine elements of portfolio management that Noel thinks are key to success
● How to identify where your challenges are across leadership teams
● Why complexity is the enemy
● How portfolio structure informs your portfolio management planning
● The key discoveries that need to come from a portfolio review
● Why portfolio management will become more important during an economic downturn
Connect with Noel Sobelman:
● Accel Management Group
● Noel Sobelman on LinkedIn
● Noel Sobleman’s Articles on LinkedIn
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation+ Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | GooglePlay | Stitcher | Spotify | iHeart
Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more listeners, like you.