- Visibility to cross-functional data for decision-making and differentiation
- Decisions based on facts, not conjecture
- An innovation governance framework that empowers team members
- Increase effectiveness of new product innovation and launch strategies
- Overcome persistent challenges to NPD, including process difficulties and resource planning
How Sopheon helped
Welch’s embraced a data-driven, disciplined process for NPD. The company took fact-based learnings into account while evaluating its new products. This approach helped “kill” underperforming products by focusing on data-based assessments and assumptions of resources, profitability, and more. Welch’s implemented a new process for product innovation. They adopted a zero-based approach to gated processes, a digitized business process that empowers teams to determine which gated framework, tools, and deliverables/tasks are relevant for their work, while ensuring process guardrails and the use of best-practices.
- Confidently make go/kill decisions, focusing on resources on high-value, strategic initiatives
- Get in-market tests for new ideas in 6 months
- Add value to the organization through innovations
- Empower teams to define the path forward
What Our Clients Say
Vice President of Innovation, Welch’s
The full Welch’s story was told by Christine Kwiat, Vice President of Innovation, during a Sopheon and Consumer Goods Technology (CGT) webinar.