- Quickly and sustainably transform and align the company’s business strategy
- Defend and grow the company’s core dairy food business lines
- Diversify and expand the company’s innovation portfolio
- Lack of strategic alignment and team visibility across the Dairy Foods business unit
- Lack of clarity of Dairy Foods strategies and portfolio roles
- Lack of prioritization and efficient resource allocation
How Sopheon helped
Sopheon assessed Land O’Lakes’ process and performance by working with a large cross-section of the Dairy Foods business and its cross-functional partners.
In its assessment, Sopheon revealed that Land O’Lakes’ Dairy Foods innovation portfolio was unbalanced, with most innovation resources dedicated to enhancing current platforms. Further evaluation showed that the Dairy Foods unit was relatively low on capabilities, particularly decision-making. Projects were disconnected from strategy and a one-size-fits-all process had driven resistance within the organization.
While working with Land O'Lakes to plan the Accolade software deployment, Sopheon helped design and implement:
- Process and tool standardization, simplification and streamlining
- Resource planning and optimization tools and practices
- Clarification of portfolio roles and business unit strategies
- Portfolio prioritization practices, including metrics and visualization enhancements
- New, more efficient Stage-Gate® tools and processes
- Risk and financial assumption scorecards
What our customers say
Dairy Foods portfolio management process manager, Land O’ Lakes
Watch this 2-minute video to hear the results of transforming Land O’Lakes Dairy Foods innovation processes.
The Land O’Lakes journey was told by innovation experts Jenny Tang-Bulk and Theresa Schaefer of Land O'Lakes in a webinar Aligning Strategy with Portfolio Management for Innovation Success.