- Digital support for management of R&D projects
- Comprehensive, company-wide overview of R&D activities
- Steering of innovation on a portfolio level
- Limited transparency and communication between business units
- Tying complex, enterprise-wide processes together
- Standardized, yet flexible approach to cover a broad range of innovation activities
How Sopheon helped
Sopheon began working with BASF in 2003 to launch Sopheon's Accolade software as a means to improve the company’s innovation tools and processes. Global governance and process standardization within central R&D was the first priority, followed by advanced reporting capabilities to give all decision-makers a clear path to innovation decisions.
Today, Accolade is being used to track and manage roughly 3,000 research and development activities throughout the world, streamlining new product decision-making and integrating innovation data throughout the business ecosystem, including R&D, sales, finance and operations. The company has more than 4,000 users in roughly 100 global sites using Accolade.
Working together with BASF, Sopheon helped design and implement:
- Transparent decision-making and status details, creating visibility at the leadership level
- More rapid innovation project assessment and go/no-go decisioning
- A common language and metrics for teams around the world
What our customers say
Head of Innovation Management & Strategic Controlling, BASF SE