Product people speak different languages, translating from one discipline to another and navigating complex priorities and perspectives. From getting buy-in from stakeholders to aligning your entire product team around a shared product goal, vision and purpose, your ability to successfully lead product development relies on skillfully communicating with cross-functional teams.
Effective communication enables product managers to:
- Align cross-functional teams around the shared understanding of product goals, user personas, and vision to make the right decisions for their product
- Set appropriate expectations with stakeholders on the market, value, risks, and timelines
- Identify the work to be done, the value it will bring, and the effort it will take to accomplish
- Choose the right work to accomplish the needed objectives
- Prioritize work using the value that will be delivered
- Make informed decisions from the data being stored all in one location
- Be in control of your product development and handle changes with ease
- Provide a top-down view of what will meet the company's goals and objectives
- Provide a bottom-up view of the work needing to be completed and when
Empowering product managers with tools to streamline communications
Acclaim Products facilitates a shared understanding of your product’s goals, value, and needs across your entire organization.
With key metrics, planning, and work to be done, Acclaim Products enables you to be transparent with your team and stakeholders without spending hours preparing custom presentations. You can focus on what really matters; building successful products, delivering on your commitments and providing value to your stakeholders.
Acclaim Products tools for communicating with your team and stakeholders:
- Persona and Strategy Canvas – align your teams and stakeholders around your target audiences and the value the product will bring to the market
- Planning Board, Workboard, Value/Effort Matrix, and Timeline – visualize, identify, and share the value of releases and new features with the time needed to complete them
- Product Health – monitor the ongoing health of your product development process
- Status Board – identify how well your team is progressing toward its release or launch date
Product strategy and personas align your teams with your audience
You can build and share personas of your target users. This keeps your development team aligned around who the product is being built for, their challenges, and specific customer needs. Your stakeholders can also clearly see your product’s value, what the users and market look like, and how your product’s success will be determined.
Planning boards connect product development phases to stakeholder value
Using the planning board, you’re able to show each release with a clear connection to the value provided to stakeholders. You’ll have an up-to-date understanding of this and be able to follow how the value changes while communicating this efficiently.
The value/effort matrix identifies what delivers the best value
While it’s never easy to decide what features/work is developed over others, the value/effort matrix will help you eliminate some of the guesswork. Use the value and effort plotted on a graph to help identify the features/work that will deliver the most value in the least time and communicate this confidently. You’re able to visually show priority decisions are made based on data vs opinion.
Timelines visualize what your team needs to complete work
Visual representations of your timelines give your leadership a clear understanding of the time needed to complete work items and releases. As things change, it’s easy for your team and stakeholders to see the impacts on the due dates.
Product health indicates your progress toward meeting expectations
Often, product managers use their gut to determine if they are on track to meet expectations. Acclaim Products enables you to monitor your ongoing product health progress. By tracking key metrics that indicate the status of the development process, it’s easier to see if things are getting off track and proactively make changes that minimally impact the schedule.
The status board demonstrates team progress toward release dates
You’re able to monitor how well your team is progressing toward its release date in the status board, using the visual representations to see if key work is stalled and take action to resolve issues and get it back on track.
For successful product launches, you can’t communicate enough. At the end of the day, success is truly a team sport.