User Experience Designer
Sopheon helps the world’s leading companies improve their products so that their businesses thrive. As a User Experience Designer, you will enable the evolution and expansion of their success by improving Sopheon’s ability to get customers to this value with a solution that is effective and removes friction. This user-experience (UX) designer will be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to contribute to the design of the overall functionality of the product, and, in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon the experience in accordance with user-testing.
The User Experience Designer is expected to:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders using agile methodologies
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Contribute to a UX Strategy with other members of the UX Team
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- One or more years of UX design experience in an agile software environment
- Experience designing commercial and/or enterprise software
- Expertise in standard design software such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Azure, or similar
- Ability to work with the product management team and clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the needs and vision
- Extensive experience in using industry standard design best practices to create solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation, including resolving user pain points through great design
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.