Sopheon helps the world’s leading companies improve their products so that their businesses thrive. As a Technical Writer, you will enable the evolution and expansion of their success by improving Sopheon’s ability to get customers to this value sooner with a solution that is easy to learn and clearly documented. We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our customer-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
The Technical Writer is expected to:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation
- Maintain a library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Coordinate with agile development teams to estimate, plan and deliver documentation
- Collaborate with product owners to emphasize key messages and product capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials in their respective styles for multiple audiences
- Experience creating end-user documentation for commercial/enterprise software
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, content refinement and creating visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Agile software documentation experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, MadCap Flare and Azure DevOps software
- Effective at prioritization and multi-tasking
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.