Technical Consultants are responsible for software installation and configuration for clients. Other responsibilities include design, modify, develop and implement software applications in our offices and at our client sites. The Technical Consultants will be part of the Customer Success team implementing Sopheon products.
Responsibilities and duties
Participate in the design, implementation and customization of packaged software application in the Microsoft environment including:
- Microsoft Office and VBA Programming with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Active Server Pages (may do this, but experience is not required)
- Database installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Application server installation, configuration, and maintenance
- General understanding of internet and network architectures
- Take part in the design review and Quality Assurance review processes
- Install and configure Sopheon products at customer sites
- Troubleshooting of both software configuration and IT environments
- Working together with sales on RFI and RFP responses for technical work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Technical Skills (in addition to the above)
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems practically
- Strong analytical skills, a proactive problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Certification a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Work successfully in a collaborative, international team environment
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of our implementation methods including metric definition, quality processes and our consulting practice in general
- Developing proposals for additional billable project work
- Excellent team player
- Can do approach
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (Software Development), Information Systems (server/network/database development and support)
- 10% to 25% overnight travel expected, in North America and trans-Atlantic occasionally
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.