Sopheon is seeking an energetic, motivated, and experienced Sr. Technical Writer to join its team. As a content developer at Sopheon, you will join a fun, fast-paced Agile environment working directly with software engineers, quality assurance experts, product owners, and customer service professionals to provide high-quality product features and supporting documentation and training materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Learn and understand the design, behavior, and implementation of the company’s products.
• Work closely with cross-functional positions including software engineers, quality assurance analysts, product owners, and customer service professionals to gather information regarding documentation and training needs for new and existing product features.
• Create, maintain, and continually improve the company’s product documentation set including online Help, quick reference aids, administration guides, and installation guides, embracing single-sourcing and emerging industry trends.
• Design, maintain, and continually improve the company’s training offerings including driving the creation of an instructional/tutorial library and instructor-led training decks, embracing emerging industry trends and design.
• Independently estimate, plan, prioritize, and coordinate work to meet delivery schedules and to ensure accuracy of created content.
• Participate in strategic initiatives including designing and creating additional material based on direct user feedback.
• Aid in defining and recording the department’s internal style decisions and procedures.
• Work quickly and effectively in an Agile development environment, integrating processes into the overall product development and release cycles.
Essential Skills and Experience
• 3 to 5 years of experience creating user content in the software industry.
• Superior writing, editing, proofreading, organization, and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to generate content quickly and with the highest quality.
• Experience creating content for a wide array of audiences including, but not limited to, technical experts, first time and experienced product users, and administrators.
• In-depth background developing topic-based content for use in single-sourced deliverables using industry standard authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare or Robohelp.
• Demonstrated experience creating effective instructional and tutorial videos using Camtasia or similar tools.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and concepts and to communicate those concepts clearly to others.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams while still able to work independently.
• Proactive, flexible, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Curiosity and drive to learn product functionality and how users with various roles and responsibilities interact and use the software in their daily jobs.
• Experience in an Agile development environment and with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience building a content delivery system such as a training web portal or a Learning Management System.
• Madcap Flare experience a plus.
• Writing and video samples required if selected for the interview process.
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.