Software Magazine published its annual Software 500 list for 2014. Some interesting data from the report:
- Revenue for the top 500 software companies was $717.7 billion, up 7.1% from 2013.
- Total number of employees was 4,884,000, down 1% from 2013.
- Average software license and service revenue growth was 11.6%.
- The average research and development investment was 13.4% of revenue, up from 12.7% in 2013.
- Apple moved into the Top 10 with $16.1 billion in software and services revenue.
- Strong employment growth came from telecommunications, security tools and systems, IT consulting and staffing, and e-business applications.
Sopheon was ranked at number 395 in the 2014 Software 500.
For more information and details – see the report and additional resources on the Software Magazine website.