Release Includes New Capabilities, Updates and Enhancements for Integrated Innovation Management and New Product Development Lifecycle Processes
MINNEAPOLIS and LONDON—September 24, 2014—Sopheon, the international provider of software, expertise, and best practices for Enterprise Innovation Performance, announced today the latest version of its Accolade Enterprise Innovation Management (EIM) solution. With Accolade release 9.2 Sopheon continues to deliver on its strategic objective and promise to provide world-class software, domain expertise, and best-practices for businesses to achieve exceptional and sustainable long-term growth and profitability from their innovation and new product development investments.
Accolade release 9.2 includes a number of new, enhanced and updated capabilities, and other updates and improvements across the solution suite, including:
- New Project Management capabilities for planning and managing projects in a rich graphical user interface enables users to easily make decisions and updates via intuitive graphical representations and broader contextual information.
- An optional, new Time Tracking component for Accolade users to enter time spent on projects, tracking of actual time spent, and analysis of actual to plan times improves insights into planning strategies and execution.
- New Resource Planning capabilities such as a simplified process for adding new demands, more flexibility and visibility for managing resources, and new graphical visual assistance to identify resource demands that require attention.
- Expanded calculated metrics capabilities supported by Accolade Portfolio Optimizer for improved what-if analysis. A new capability to clone projects in a portfolio or scenario saves time and improves accuracy when projects have similar or identical data.
- A number of additions and enhancements to Accolade Innovation Planner™ using Idea Classes for more flexible and visually intuitive planning, improved organizational plans navigation, and new filtering and linking capabilities of planning elements.
- Additions and enhancements to Accolade Roadmapping™ such as new capabilities to define phases between milestones with intuitive graphical representation, and more flexibility for defining relationship linkages on multiple planning board views.
- Various enhancements to Microsoft® Office Integration and additional capabilities for using Accolade with Office 2013 applications.
This is the third Accolade product release by Sopheon over the past twelve months, demonstrating our commitment to service customer needs and market trends with a regular timely cadence of product additions, updates and enhancements.
Don Sarno, Vice President of Product Development at Sopheon who, along with Sopheon’s Product Management team, works closely with customers and buyers on product plans, stated:
“Accolade Release 9.2 is a significant step forward to continue our industry leadership in Enterprise Innovation Management (EIM). We have extended the Accolade solution suite and core platform to provide the most comprehensive resource and portfolio planning and management capabilities, further strengthening our market leading, fully integrated innovation and new product development management (NPD) solution.”
Accolade release 9.2 is available immediately for purchase and implementation. All Sopheon Accolade customers who are current on Maintenance and Support program fees are entitled to receive updates to their currently licensed products for this and future release upgrades at no additional cost.
Sopheon, Accolade, Accolade Roadmapping, Innovation Planner, Portfolio Center and Process Manager are all trademarks of Sopheon plc. Microsoft® is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Sopheon partners with customers to provide complete Enterprise Innovation Performance solutions including software, expertise, and best practices to achieve exceptional long-term revenue growth and profitability. Sopheon’s Accolade solution provides unique, fully-integrated coverage for the entire innovation management and new product development lifecycle, including strategic innovation planning, roadmapping, idea and concept development, process and project management, portfolio management and resource planning. Sopheon’s solutions have been implemented by over 200 customers with over 60,000 users in over 50 countries. Sopheon is listed on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange and on the Alternext Exchange in the Netherlands.