New release provides increased capabilities for strategic innovation planning and portfolio management with greater user flexibility across the solution suite
MINNEAPOLIS and LONDON—June 19, 2013—Sopheon, the international provider of software, expertise, and best practices for Enterprise Innovation Performance, announced today the latest version of its Accolade innovation management solution.
With Accolade 8.3 Sopheon continues to deliver on its strategic objective and promise to provide best-in-class software, domain expertise, and best-practices for businesses to achieve sustainable market differentiation and drive profitable revenue growth from their innovation and new product development investments.
Accolade release 8.3 builds upon the enhancements provided in release 8.2 in January 2013 with a range of new and enhanced features, including:
- Increased capabilities and flexibility in the Innovation Planner solution for cross-functional planning and management of strategic business, market and product plans.
- Additional Portfolio Management and Analysis capabilities to quickly identify business needs and gaps across brands, business units and regions.
- Expanded Resource Planning functionality for managing, prioritizing and optimizing resources for innovation and new product development initiatives / projects.
- Additional support for Sopheon’s commitment to provide companies with solutions to dynamically manage increased cadence and changes in operating plans with automatic Financial Forecast alignment and Calculated Metrics for quantifiable definition and tracking of performance throughout the innovation and new product development lifecycle.
- Additional User Interface flexibility to personalize industry, company and end-user terminology.
idea and concept development, process management, and portfolio management.
Don Sarno, Vice President of Product Development at Sopheon who has worked closely with customers and buyers over the past years, stated:
“Accolade Release 8.3 is a significant step forward to continue our industry leadership in Enterprise Innovation Planning and Portfolio Management. We have extended the core Accolade platform to provide the most advanced and sophisticated Enterprise Portfolio Optimization decision making process enabling our customers to achieve industry best results in Enterprise Innovation Performance.”
This is the fourth Accolade product release by Sopheon over the past eighteen months, demonstrating our commitment to service customer needs and market trends with a regular timely cadence of product updates and enhancements. Sopheon’s adoption of an Agile product development process and using Accolade internally for managing all aspects of product planning, development and go-to-market have made this possible.
Accolade release 8.3 is available immediately for purchase and implementation. All Sopheon Accolade customers who are current on Maintenance and Support program fees are entitled to receive updates to their currently licensed products for this and future release upgrades at no cost.