Territory: Medium-sized companies based in DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland).
The Sopheon team is seeking a “hunter” sales executive with a passion for understanding and diagnosing customer business needs and articulating a solution, and a proven track record of closing business with new customers in the territory. This new role in the DACH territory will complement an existing team of enterprise account executives, and will be largely focused on expanding market share in DACH headquartered medium-sized businesses with an annual revenue of USD 300m to USD 1.5b.
Are you the ideal candidate? Can you demonstrate the following?
• Business-to-business software sales to medium-sized international firms.
• Expertise in securing access through your own efforts to senior executives for compelling sales conversations.
• Developing strong relationships with potential medium-sized clients at SVP, Director and C-levels particularly with prospect R&D, Marketing and Innovation Management functional areas.
• Ability to identify undisclosed customer needs in at least medium-sized organizations.
• Team selling and use of all company resources to aid sales process.
• Interpreting public information on a prospect account such as annual reports and stockholder information for account qualification and to identify entry message and positioning.
• Understanding strategic selling and the roles of various buying influencers.
• Developing and maintaining a quality pipeline of potential opportunities.
• Driving complex enterprise-wide deals for medium-sized businesses end to end from personal lead generation and qualification, to solution development and presentation, to contract negotiations, to deal closing and to making sure the deal is property transitioned to support teams. Some coaching and help will be available from other members of the Sopheon EMEA team based in Germany and the Netherlands.
• Developing partnerships with relevant players in the Territory, in order to be able to address the DACH headquartered medium-sized businesses (including larger upper-sized Mittelstand firms, above USD 300m annual revenue, up to companies with USD 1.5b annual revenue).
• Awareness and sensibility to local culture as relevant in each individual country in the Territory.
• Building compelling business cases to support proposals and identify return on investment.
• Successfully converting opportunities into license sales and consulting services engagements.
• Managing and reporting opportunities pipeline using Salesforce.com.
• Adapting to existing team dynamics and supporting an organization to reach its objectives.
• Experience in selling to vertical markets of consumer packaged goods, industrial manufacturing, chemical, high-tech, medical devices, aerospace & defence, and automotive.
• An existing network of contacts for shortening the sales cycle, particularly within research and development, innovation, marketing and/or general management.
Skills and Expertise:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a consultative sales process with complex “business centric” enterprise deals with medium-sized firms.
• Experience selling entire innovation management and new product development (NPD) lifecycle solutions.
• Understanding of and familiarity with the Stage-Gate® product development methodology (preferred).
• Preferably experienced in brand management and other product development related areas.
• Experience selling to the DACH territory with proven track record.
• Consistently averaging or exceeding a sales quota of €1.5m.
• Degree (or equivalent) in Management, Business, Economics, MBA a plus.
• Use of social selling techniques to gain access to appropriate executives.
• Native German speaker and fluent in English. Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
• Understanding and diagnosing customer business needs and articulating a solution.
• Superior communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
• Ability to utilize PowerPoint or other media to synthesize and present a compelling business case/rationale.
• Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.