Sopheon is seeking an experienced “hunter” sales executive for enterprise software (license and services) sales with a proven track record of closing business with large and global new customers in highly competitive situations for at least 5 years.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities & Key Performance Indicators of success: (KPIs)
• Achieve quarterly and yearly sales goals (quota) as set by Sopheon management
• Ensure Sopheon proposals are both profitable for Sopheon and provide high value to prospect customers
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities 4 times your annual quota
• Demonstrated ability to work well in team based matrix environments
• Successfully penetrate prospect customers through your own well- honed prospecting skills at upper levels of target accounts
• Create and maintain appropriate account planning and CRM activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Successful track record in business development and sales success at the C level in closing net new logos.
• Experience selling solutions in value of $500K-$1M+, with R&D a plus.
• Strong understanding of corporate business performance metrics and how organizations manage enterprise initiatives and innovation
• Experience building relationships, conducting business dialog, and sustaining relationships at the cross-functional Director, VP, C-Level of Fortune 1000 companies in the following industries: Industrial Manufacturing, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Medical Device, Industrial Manufacturing as well as Consumer Goods and has an existing network of contacts from which to capitalize on for shorter sales cycles.
• Sales experience must be “business led” not CIO / IT led and with an understanding and the ability to dialogue on managing corporate business challenges and performance.
• A demonstrated understanding of the issues facing these industries and approaches they use for managing enterprise initiatives and innovation.
• Experience in value selling capabilities, that when adopted, will cause companies to operate differently and enable transformational change. Must have a deep understanding of the challenges for introducing these types of capabilities to organizations and closing business as a result.
• Has experience with enterprise level software sales and understands the dynamics of license and professional service sales.
• Have well developed presentation and communication skills which resonate well with upper level executives
• Strong business and financial acumen to interpret and analyze public information on a prospect account such as annual reports, stockholder information to identify entry message and target qualification.
• Well-honed skill in using social media to aid sales process
• Ideal candidates have a proven record of accomplishment of over achievement of quota.
• Individuals with expertise on the client side with knowledge of Stage-Gate®, portfolio management or other similar innovation / new product development processes is a plus.
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.