Job Title/Position: Quality Assurance Analyst
Department: Product Development
Sopheon is an international supplier of leading edge products in innovation and new product development. Sopheon has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
A company can only be as forward-thinking as its people.
That’s why Sopheon fosters a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages our employees to be...
Sopheon is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to ensure delivery of quality software for large and small development efforts for various strategic product efforts and Sopheon customers. This position will have responsibility for software quality while working in a truly dynamic and agile development environment.
• Develop a strong understanding of our business to enable effective test planning and execution.
• Document test strategy, test plans, and test cases based on functional and non-functional requirements.
• Create and manage story bugs, working with the development team to address in a timely, thorough manner.
• Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality.
• Software Process Improvement suggestions.
• Regular interaction with peers and manager regarding assigned project tasks.
• Works closely with product management to ensure the product complies with the end user vision.
• Engage in continuous automated testing activity throughout agile development iterations.
• Support continuous automated testing activity throughout agile development iterations by running tests, reporting issues and writing test cases for automation efforts.
• Contributes to end-to-end product testing strategy, focusing on the customer experience.
• Some experience with testing, including unit, integration, regression, or load/performance testing.
• Must be strong black box tester; may know automation; strong writing skills.
• May have technical knowledge at the code reading/debugging level, but not required.
• Effectively Influence others to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned deliverables(s).
• Can act as “customer advocate” when investigating defects found in production.
• Provides thorough review of product documentation to ensure it meets customer needs.
• Effectively uses test automation to increase the thoroughness of testing.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the product functions and the marketplace in which it is sold. Applies that knowledge when developing test cases and throughout testing phase.
• Understands the relationships between "owned" components and those with which they interface. Assists with cross-component dependency analysis.
• Be open and able to adapt to new development and testing technologies
• Strong drive to serve the user with world class software.
• Ability to thrive in a highly agile, collaborative team environment.
• Ability to learn quickly and apply new technologies to solve problems practically.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
• Can do attitude and approach.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related discipline.
• 1+ years’ experience in software quality assurance testing
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.