Sopheon is an international supplier of leading-edge products in innovation and new product development. Sopheon has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
A company can only be as forward-thinking as its people.
That’s why Sopheon fosters a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages our employees to be...
Sopheon is looking for a Sr. .NET Software Engineer, Front End to design and implement large and small solutions for a variety of strategic product initiatives. This principal position focuses on the front end aspects of implementation, with engagement in both the middle and data layers as well. This position is responsible for the overall quality of each component built, including its design, development, performance, and quality, and works in a dynamic and agile development environment. If you’ve been striving to truly make a difference for world class customers with an industry leading product, this is your chance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes on individual objectives and proactively drives reviews and other collaboration needed for their tasks.
- Mentors .NET Engineers throughout the execution of their individual objectives and acts as a coach to other mentors.
- Works successfully in an agile and collaborative team environment.
- Leads the Product Development team in the design and development of highly scalable and reusable components built on UI/UX frameworks and technologies through facilitation and collaboration.
- Leads the design and implementation of .NET (ASP and MVC) components, APIs and User Interfaces through facilitation and collaboration.
- Leads the design and implementation of highly scalable server components to support Web apps, MS Office Add-Ins, and other supported applications through facilitation and collaboration.
- Develops international software, including multilingual UI’s and support for country specific standards.
- Develops commercial enterprise software solutions with a heavy focus on quality and performance.
- Drives the continuous improvement of our development and quality processes through facilitation and collaboration.
- Participates in the Product Architecture Team, contributing to and implementing design best practices, ideas, and standards.
- Ensures product requirements are met to deliver a high degree of client satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates professional experience in the design and implementation of .NET (MVC, C#, API, etc.) components, APIs and UIs for large enterprise organizations.
- Demonstrates professional experience in the design and implementation of application databases, ideally in MS SQL Server/T-SQL, for large enterprise organizations.
- Demonstrates professional experience in scalability and performance needs when designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solutions for enterprise customers, with an ability to reverse engineer and propose creative technical solutions.
- Demonstrates some experience with localization and globalization concepts in international software design, including multilingual UI’s and support for country specific formatting standards.
- Experienced with developing commercial enterprise software solutions.
- Experienced in mentoring other Senior and Software Engineers in their professional development.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of application databases, with experience in MS SQL Server a plus.
- Experienced with developing professional enterprise-caliber software solutions.
- Experienced in mentoring other Senior and Junior Software Engineers in their professional development.
- Has a solid understanding of the C# programming language, as well as the .NET Framework.
- Has a solid understanding of at least one modern UI/UX framework such as React, Angular, Vue
- Presents a sound understanding of Object-Oriented concepts and design.
- Demonstrates experience with and knowledge of relational database technology. Has experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Shows an understanding and proficiency with Web application development and rich UI design.
- Experienced in development efforts for Commercial Enterprise software.
- An exposure to one or more of the following is a plus: Azure Cloud Services, AWS, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Strong drive to serve the user with world class software.
- Ability to thrive in a highly agile, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new technologies to solve problems practically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Can do attitude and approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or engineering related discipline.
- 6+ years relevant experience
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.