Dan Adams is the Founder and President of The AIM Institute, a company that provides new product training workshops for large firms across five continents. Their focus is to give B2B suppliers the right tools and skills to enhance their product development and innovations teams. He is the author of the book, New Product Blueprinting, where he clarifies the fuzzy front end of B2B product development. Dan specializes in training and software product development, the voice of the customer (VOC), and organic growth. Dan joins me today to discuss how The AIM Institute boosts organizations' new product development and technology teams. He shares why he pursued a career in innovation, and what his book, New Product Blueprinting, is about. He explains how the pandemic enabled virtual conversations to be more engaging than a decade before. Dan also describes companies' challenges when understanding their markets from a B2B perspective. Listen to The AIM Institute with Dan Adams part two.
"If you want to understand customer needs well in B2B, you can do it." - Dan Adams
This week on Innovation Talks:
- Who Dan is and what New Product Blueprinting is about
- How Dan got into innovation
- What The AIM Institute is and the people they serve
- B2B markets and understanding your customers
- Why it's challenging for businesses to understand their customers
- How to learn from B2B customers
- The difference between technology development and product development
- Shifting from being on-site to becoming entirely virtual
- The best way to avoid errors of omission
- The AIM Institute
- Awkward Realities Blog
- Book: New Product Blueprinting: The Handbook for B2B Organic Growth
- The AIM Institute on LinkedIn
- The AIM Institute on Twitter
- The AIM Institute on YouTube
- Dan Adams on LinkedIn
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon Thanks for tuning into this week's episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon's newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.