Last year was an excellent year for Innovation Talks. We launched the podcast to discuss topics around innovation, providing value to you, our listeners. We brought in guests and experts—including practitioners, academics, thought leaders, authors, and a few experts from within Sopheon—to share insights regarding a gradient of topics: the innovation process, governance, portfolio management, decision-making, innovation workers, culture, and the role of technology. We hope you have found the episodes educational and enjoyable. In today's episode, I reflect on ten innovation themes from 2021. These include governance, process, and portfolio—covering Agile, Stage-Gate®, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework, and Lean. We also discuss the challenges of family-owned businesses, innovation ecosystems, start-up thinking, and disruptive and radical innovation. I highlight the guests who explored topics including sustainability, technology, ways of working, ways of thinking, and product management. I also share what we should expect in innovation in 2022 and the challenges ahead.
"Nobody is doing innovation alone anymore; you are doing it with others." - Paul Heller
This week on Innovation Talks:
- The guests who delivered insights into governance, process, and portfolio
- The unique challenges of family-owned businesses
- Innovation ecosystems including universities, partners, suppliers, customers, and other companies
- The episodes that delved into start-up thinking and disruptive and radical innovation
- Three guests who discussed sustainability
- The discussions we had around technology, particularly in regards to managing your process and aligning your people and technology in products
- How ways of working and thinking are changing
- What we have learned about product management
- Innovations in the automotive industry, aerospace and defense, and chemicals
- The challenges and expectations for innovation in 2022
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week's episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon's newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.