Frannie Matthews is the President and CEO of the Colorado Technology Association—the definitive tech hub between the coasts—and has helped leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs since 1994. Under Frannie’s leadership since 2018, CTA has grown in size and influence, with a 31% membership revenue boost in 2019. She has over 35 years of experience in the tech industry but never stops scanning for refinement and improvement. Frannie was part of IBM for 18 years, driving the company’s success by putting client experience, value, and satisfaction at the forefront.
Frannie joins me today to describe what the Colorado Technology Association is about and how they empower future leaders in the technology space. She explains what people will love about Colorado and how the CTA has been working hard to turn it into a tech hub. She shares how the pandemic made it hard for CTA to sustain its growth in 2019 and how it improved its business model throughout the last two years. Frannie also discusses why she sometimes prefers an old-school approach to business structuring and to-do lists.
“Collaboration is so much more powerful in a growth mindset.” - Frannie Matthews
This week on Innovation Talks:
- \What the Colorado Technology Association is about
- What Frannie says is beautiful about Colorado
- How the pandemic required them to change their business model
- What Frannie sees as the best way to retain technology talents
- Why Frannie prefers an old-school approach to having a structure
- The advantages of partnering and collaborating for growth in any industry
- Book: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Connect with Frannie Matthews:
- Colorado Technology Association
- Colorado Technology Association on LinkedIn
- Colorado Technology Association on Twitter
- Colorado Technology Association on Facebook
- Frannie Matthews on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Podcast is brought to you by Sopheon
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Innovation Talks. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
For additional information around new product development or corporate innovation, sign up for Sopheon’s newsletter where we share news and industry best practices monthly! The fastest way to do this is to go to sopheon.com and click here.