Sopheon is an international supplier of leading-edge products in innovation and new product development. Sopheon has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
A company can only be as forward-thinking as its people.
That’s why Sopheon fosters a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages our employees to be...
Sopheon is looking for a .NET Software Engineer to design and implement large and small solutions for a variety of strategic product initiatives. This position is responsible for the overall quality of each component built, including its design, development, performance, and stability, and works in a dynamic and agile development environment. If you’ve been striving to truly make a difference for world class customers with an industry leading product, this is your chance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes on individual objectives and proactively drives reviews and other collaboration needed for their tasks.
- Works successfully in an agile and collaborative team environment.
- Participates in the design and implementation of .NET (ASP and MVC) components, APIs and User Interfaces.
- Participates in the design and implementation of highly scalable server components to support Web apps, MS Office Add-Ins, and other supported applications.
- Develops international software, including multilingual UI’s and support for country specific standards.
- Develops commercial enterprise software solutions with a heavy focus on quality and performance.
- Collaborates in the continuous improvement of our development methods including metric definition, quality processes and our software development practice in general.
- Ensures product requirements are met to deliver a high degree of client satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in the design and implementation of .NET (MVC, C#, API, etc.) components, APIs and UIs.
- Has exposure to the design and implementation of application databases, with T-SQL/MS SQL Server programming experience a plus.
- Has exposure to the development of commercial enterprise software solutions.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of scalability and performance needs when designing solutions for enterprise customers.
- Has a basic understanding of the C# programming language, as well as the .NET Framework.
- Presents a sound understanding of Object-Oriented concepts and design.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relational database technology. Has exposure to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Shows an understanding and proficiency with Web application development and rich UI design.
- An exposure to XML and XSL is a plus.
- Strong drive to serve the user with world class software.
- Ability to thrive in a highly agile, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new technologies to solve problems practically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Can do attitude and approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or engineering related discipline.
- 2-4 years relevant experience
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.