We are currently seeking Managing Consultants to join our Global Consulting practice. Managing consultants at Sopheon take on the challenge of engaging with senior leadership, while driving cross functional customer teams to enable complex business processes across the organization using industry leading approaches and tools to deliver customer value. We are seeking candidates located in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, German, or the Netherlands. With offices in our Denver, CO, Darmstadt, DE, and Maastricht, NL, co-location is preferable, but not a requirement based on experience working with virtual teams and travel to customer locations regularly.
Sopheon full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all employees are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Sopheon a great place to work.
As a Managing Consultant you are responsible for maintaining expectation and delivery alignment with customers to drive successful achievement of the customer’s outcomes for the use of Sopheon solutions and services. The Managing Consultant facilitates the customer relationship and owns overall execution of a defined customer value roadmap through the management of Sopheon resources. They drive on-time delivery of engagements, while maintaining revenue, delivery budget targets, and utilization targets. They coach and guide customer stakeholders, sponsors, and project teams with best practice advise to achieve value from their investment in Sopheon’s products and services.
As a Managing Consultant, you will:
- Support pre-sales activities to drive prospect confidence during the sales cycle
- Plan engagements with customer through consulting advice and using Sopheon defined processes and good business practice
- Lead customers and engagement teams with a sharp focus on achieving value-based outcomes
- Identify opportunities with existing customers through vision setting and trusted advisor relationships that drive increased revenue
- Lead project teams for customer success through execution and maintain achievement of budget and utilization targets
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or Business (or related degree) or demonstrated relevant experience
- Line management or team management experience in a previous job, with senior management interaction
Types of Experience
- Experience with dealing with C-level stakeholders
- Multi-year Experience as a project / program manager
- Experience in customer roles
- Experience responding to a variety of customer or client situations and personalities
- Experience with business process analysis
- Experience of leading a team
- Has had project budget responsibilities
- Experience in innovation management, R&D, new product development, roadmapping, portfolio management, strategy management, idea management work, product lifecycle management, strategic planning
- Software implementation and process development experience
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience working remotely and on-site with customers to drive goals
- Pre-Sales experience
- Experience with basic tools including MS Office, Visio, etc.
- Excellent influential and communication skills
- Being able to lead customers and internal teams and give guidance on how best to get to success quickly
- Able to drive value based conversations with senior or executive stakeholders
- Commercial understanding of project and company margin drivers
- Planning and resource management
- Technical literacy, including an understanding to drive conversations around high level design and integration strategies
- Logical mindset and ability to follow processes and application logic
- Ability to have courageous conversations and deal with conflict at the time it is recognized in a professional manner with favorable results.
Junior to mid-Senior level positions with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience for Junior and 5 years for Senior level positions
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.