Presented by: Mike Burkett, Managing VP of Gartner’s AMR Supply Chain Process & Technology Team and Steve Rogers, Sopheon Business Consultant
What it can Mean to the Success of Your New Product Development Efforts
Creating products that satisfy the total customer experience profitably requires tight linkage between supply chain and product innovation. Failure to make this connection can lead to a range of negative outcomes, including needlessly complex product designs, development and commercialization delays and expensive inventory.
More and more companies are discovering that by incorporating partner innovations and supply chain practices and insights at the earliest stages of product development, they can do a better job of satisfying customer needs, without sacrificing margins. Among the reported advantages: reduced lead times, lower innovation costs and stronger, more sustainable differentiation from competitors.
Join Sopheon and Gartner product life cycle management expert Mike Burkett for an instructive look at the practices leading manufacturers are using to maximize customer service through early supply chain involvement in the product innovation process.
- The role that process and technology play in achieving profitable innovation
- A framework and maturity model that can be used to effectively leverage supply chain capabilities during the product innovation process
- Practical ways to incorporate the supply chain perspective into strategic planning, ideation and the predevelopment stages of NPD
- Metrics and incentives that can help drive required organizational change
- How Sopheon’s innovation solutions can facilitate supply-chain integration and enable you to achieve demand-driven innovation