Sopheon is an international supplier of leading edge software products in innovation and new product development. Sopheon has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands.
Sopheon is seeking an energetic and motivated Instructional Designer to join its team. As an Instructional Designer at Sopheon, you will join a fun, fast-paced, agile environment working directly with department leads, product managers, and implementation consultants to provide high-quality classroom and web-based learning materials. A major part of this role is to create innovative training solutions and to develop learning experiences in which participants are stimulated and engaged, learning objectives are met, and expected outcomes are achieved.
You will also own the learning management system, D2L, uploading, maintaining and updating content and its integration with LinkedIn Learning.
The Instructional Designer role is suitable for a highly collaborative, self-directed individual who has the confidence to seek out the correct subject matter experts and stakeholders and work independently to meet their objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Accolade Product Learning
- Learn and understand the design, behavior, and implementation of the company’s products.
- Design, maintain, and continually improve the company’s training offerings including creation of an instructional/tutorial library and engaging e-learning content that encourages knowledge retention.
- Participate in the design and creation of additional material based on direct user feedback.
- Create new material and update existing material each release
- Collaborate with others in the organization to identify relevant product training for a variety of end users.
- Learning Governance
- Learning Management System ownership
- LinkedIn Learning coordination
- Standards and Consistency
- Develop and customize content for internal and client portals including learning pathways for eLearning modules.
- Estimate, plan, prioritize, and coordinate work to meet delivery schedules and to ensure accuracy of created content.
- Leverage Subject Matter Experts to efficiently transfer their knowledge into learning materials.
- Corporate Learning
- Assist in defining and creating each department’s internal training.
- Create and Update onboarding material
- Create and Update recurring / annual compliance material
- Create material for new technologies and concepts for delivery to staff
- Collaborating with managers on skills gap analysis and creating to fill gaps
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree in Instructional Design, Communication, Journalism, English, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design and development of instructional material
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, organization, and oral communication skills.
- Highly effective in communicating to various levels of leadership within the company to understand subject matter material.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and concepts and to communicate those concepts clearly to others.
- Proactive, flexible, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Drive to learn Accolade and how end users use the software in their daily jobs.
- Strong experience in the curriculum development process, with experience generating scripts and storyboards for eLearning content.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training materials.
- Proficient in content authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop.
- Familiarity with managing content and users in a learning management system (LMS).
- Experience with technical training for an enterprise product
- Advanced ability to write with attention to narrative and copy
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and techniques
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with a Learning Management System
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management Solutions (preferred)
- Experience with LinkedIn Learning
- Experience with D2L
· Samples of previous work required if selected for the interview process.
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.