Location: Netherlands, Amsterdam Area
Supervisor: Director of Global Pre-Sales
Language(s): Fluent in German & English (written and oral). Other languages such as Dutch, Italian, Arabic, Spanish, and French are a plus
The primary objective of the Sopheon Innovation Pre-Sales Business Consultant’s is to provide innovation, product and business consulting expertise, as well as partnering with the Account Executive to develop account sales and marketing strategy and participating in the solution engagement phase of the selling process. The Pre-Sales Business Consultant also seeks to gain a deep understanding of the prospect or customer’s level of innovation maturity, identifying business requirements and providing guidance on developing phased implementation plans.
Pre-Sales Business Consultants are the solution leader of the sales team. They must be seen as the knowledge leaders across all of Sopheon in the capabilities of our product offerings to solve unique innovation challenges and needs. They are responsible for the clear value proposition, software expertise and technical content of the proposed solution. They maintain this responsibility until such time as an order is received. The Pre-sales Business Consultant is responsible, along with the Account Executive, for understanding the customer’s business problem; as such they are the primary leads on creating and maintaining the business requirements document (BRD). They are also the solution lead on internal kickoff meetings and participate in the first few days of the Client Kickoff / Blueprint sessions for a smooth handoff of the Blueprint to the Client Services Business Consultant.
Principal duties and responsibilities
Client engagement and solution identification
- Lead development of Innovation Architecture discovery with the client, leveraging Sopheon and industry best practices.
- Play a leading role in the design of the solution, ensuring it fully meets the client’s business needs.
- Advise the client on Accolade® solution training and roll-out activities/programs.
- Take a proactive role to guide an account in making a decision to partner with Sopheon.
- Take initiative to prepare for customer meetings without specifically being requested to do so.
Business development & pre-sales
- Conduct Innovation Maturity Assessments to identify innovation challenges and assess business needs (e.g. through needs analysis interviews and/or workshops/sessions).
- Conduct initial Innovation Architecture analysis.
- Contribute to responses on RFIs/RFPs and proposals.
- Lead and develop Accolade solution prototypes.
- Coordinate the pre-sales configuration resources required to win the business.
- Define the cross-functional resources needed for the account, why they are needed, when they are needed, and what their role is for each situation.
- Provide the leadership to understand the solution challenges to solve the business problem.
- Develop the strategy and approach to demonstrate that the Accolade solution suite can solve the business problem of the customer.
- Develop a working relationship with customer sponsors and implementation teams.
- Document the business and solution needs of the customer through the BRD, the corporate structure of the account, and obstacles we may face with the account
- Define the innovation challenges the customer may face implementing our solution.
- Take lead to understand and document why our offering is superior to a competitive approach being considered by the customer.
- Define and document what our solution is, highlighting our strengths, challenges we face and the associated risks. This includes taking lead on the technical response to an RFP.
- Oversee and assemble the overall product content of our solution. Provide the written portion of the technical content of a Sopheon proposal.
- Clearly articulate and build the need for change to guide the customer to select the Accolade solution.
Essential skills, experience, knowledge and capabilities to be successful in this role
- Master’s degree preferably in/related to Business Management Consulting or Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in business or software solution consulting.
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Good/Consumer Packaged Goods, Chemical, Automotive, High-Tech or Manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of new product development (NPD) processes (such as Stage-Gate®), strategic portfolio management and innovation practices, or PDMA certification are a plus.
- Experience with innovation, product development, portfolio management and strategic planning processes
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate at strategic level.
- Experience in conducting workshops, performing assessments, demoing software solutions, and delivering training.
- Experience in communicating the value of complex, enterprise solutions.
- Experience in implementing business processes supported by software.
- Experience in working with (virtual) international, multi-cultural, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in enterprise consultative sales process to assist Sales in closing new business opportunities
- Experience with Microsoft® Office applications.
- High-level understanding of enterprise-wide IT solutions and systems.
- Understanding of the concepts of and experience in using (web-based) business applications.
- Understanding of the concepts of and experience with enterprise-level systems integration.
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written).
- Other languages such as Dutch, Italian, Arabic, Spanish, and French are a plus.
- Customer focused and business minded, with affinity for sales and relationship management.
- Team player as well as being able to work independently and be self-managed.
- Stress resilient.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Proven ability to manage tasks and issues, meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, and take corrective action in a proactive manner where appropriate.
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.