Sopheon is looking for a Director of Product Management to drive Accolade’s strategic product roadmap, product plans and releases, while ensuring user-centric, modern and intuitive experiences in product and client configurations consistent with business strategy. The person in this position represents the “Face of Accolade”, both internally and externally, having in depth interactions with existing customers and future prospects when needed. The ideal candidate will bring focus and precision to the details of the product requirements and design, while establishing a strong vision of how the products will be used and perceived in the market to support the business strategy.
Under the Product Development group, the Director of Product Management will cultivate and lead a group of Product Owners, User Content Developers and User Experience Designers. This Product Management group will collaborate to develop solutions by balancing company strategy with market needs, competitive offerings, customer enhancement requests and end user adoption challenges.
This cross-functional leadership role requires working closely with product development, product marketing, client services, sales and customers to identify opportunities in both product and customer configurations, providing end solutions that bring qualitative and quantitative value representing highly differentiated and elegantly designed capabilities to market.
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally, demonstrating extensive knowledge of Accolade and its commercial applications
- Contribute to Accolade product roadmap through entire product lifecycle from strategic planning and execution of next generation products, to the phasing out of legacy products
- Take direction from VP of Product in support of established process for determining company/client value in new roadmap capabilities and prioritization
- Collaborate with senior management and global architects in making build vs. buy vs. partner decisions for effective value delivery
- Manage, mentor and professionally develop a highly collaborative team of Agile Product Owners, User Content Developers, and User Experience Designers, including appraising performance, rewarding and providing constructive feedback
- Work with Product Marketing and other business stakeholders to identify and define strategic direction based on client input, analyst findings, competitors, and trends in the market to present to gatekeepers
- Work with Product Marketing to ensure successful launch and agreed positioning of our offerings
- Conduct research, surveys and customer/prospect visits to understand use cases, business value and value to Accolade users
- Work with Pre-Sales to communicate and learn new ways of telling stories when functionality is added or changed in the product
- Responsible for leading the execution of the established release definition process and release launch schedule for PD
- Own and mature Accolade Express best practice content, keeping pace with new functionality available in the product and feedback from Client Services and customers
- Work with company and industry to innovate and validate new product concepts
- Promote and drive roadmap priorities delivering demonstrate-able and quantitative value
- Communicate across the organization with critical changes in scope, priority and customer impact
- Manage user-facing designs and specifications with a careful eye on product usability and end user efficiency
- Demonstrate advanced leadership, regularly communicating an inspiring product vision, and promoting the vision of Sopheon as an organization
- Communication of high level roadmap and product vision internally, as well as with customers, analysts and partners
- Work directly with development teams in building the product offering
- Coordinate the inclusion of product extensions and configuration solutions into core product releases.
- Promote a culture of innovation and open idea exchange
- Experience and/or knowledgeable of enterprise corporate strategic planning, new product development and innovation processes and KPIs
- Strong experience at Pragmatic Marketing methodology
- Strong Business Acumen and ability to search for and uncover “real value”
- Ability to make confident prioritization/trade-off decisions
- Strong win/win negotiator, ability to drive win/win outcomes from discussions and debates
- Strong leader with the willingness to dig into details and lead by example
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Strong coaching skills, ability to grow and develop a team
- Good judgement in deciding when, and when not, to step in and offer observations, guidance or corrections.
- Experience in expectation management and soft influence.
- Experience in career coaching, developing and mentoring
- Proven ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong drive to serve the user with world class software.
- Ability to thrive in a highly agile, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new technologies to solve problems practically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Can do attitude and approach.
- An ability to read a room, sense the unspoken and help to resolve conflict.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 or more years’ in a Sr Product Manager position with responsibility for product vision, strategy and roadmap planning
- 5 or more years’ leadership experience (including responsibility for team of direct reports)
- Experience leading product teams for commercial enterprise software products.
- Certification or equivalent experience in agile development methodologies
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.