Sopheon is an international supplier of leading-edge products in innovation management and new product development. Sopheon has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
Sopheon is looking for a Director of User Experience reporting to the company’s Chief Product Officer. We are looking for a leader who will drive design thinking throughout the company and manage a team of User Experience Designers and Researchers. Sopheon’s UX team is the voice of the user in the product development process and throughout the company. We collaborate closely with each other and stakeholders across the organization to deliver value to our users and exceed their expectations.
As the Director of UX, you will lead a team of high performing UX practitioners while partnering and collaborating with leaders in development, product management, product marketing and marketing to create great experiences for our users. Using user research, analysis, and UX methodologies, you and your team will translate user needs, patterns, information architecture, process flows, and other design inputs into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
If simplifying the complex excites you and you truly believe building desirable experiences starts with deep understanding of users’ needs, consider joining the Sopheon family!
- Define User Experience (UX) vision, multi-year strategy, and approach for Sopheon products while surfacing strategic opportunities that will drive user and business value.
- Lead, develop, inspire, and grow a diverse global design and research team.
- Build relationships with product management, development, product marketing and marketing to develop vision, strategy, and OKRs, responding to business and user needs as well as industry/market changes.
- Recommend best approaches for implementation of user experience.
- Take a holistic system-wide view that supports multiple products to drive an overall scalable design system for Sopheon products.
- Manage and deliver design system components across multiple teams to ensure consistent workflows and patterns.
- Review and approve the consistency of our UI and design standards across products.
- Assist the Products team with prioritized adoption strategy, and prioritizing roadmap and backlog items for development team.
- Further build out Sopheon’s research capabilities and participate in research to evaluate and understand user needs
- Work alongside software engineering and product management in an Agile environment to ensure execution meets the design vision
- Advocate for human-centered design principles across Sopheon
- 7+ years professional experience in UX/UI design or related field
- 2+ years leading UX Designers in a highly collaborative environment
- Expert skill level in the standard tools of the UX trade.
- The ability to combine the analytical and the intuitive to translate business needs and requirements into engaging customer-focused experiences.
- A strong UX & Design portfolio that demonstrates past design projects
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile design and development
- Experience participating in user research and concept testing with users