Reporting directly to the VP of Global Presales, you will work strategically with the VP Sales and the Field Sales Team to increase sales opportunities and awareness of Sopheon in medium size and enterprise organizations. You will help build sales pipeline by securing sales meetings for Account Executive, using warm and cold calling methodologies and targeted campaigns.
- Uncover, qualify, and build opportunities to drive a pipeline of high-quality leads for Sopheon solutions within the assigned territory and/or target accounts by maintaining daily call and email volume and leveraging research and opportunistic trigger events, news, and announcements.
- Partner with Account Executives to understand the goals, KPIs, drivers, challenges, etc. of key prospects in target and customer accounts and to co-develop strategy for pursuing net new logos
- Qualify leads generated from marketing campaigns against pre-defined criteria.
- Nurture early stage leads through creative follow-up communication
- Participate in execution of targeted marketing and sales campaigns, including outbound calling into target accounts for event attendance, events, and adhoc lead generating projects
- Capture sales prospecting activity using Salesforce.com. Enter new contacts into this system as acquired through pipeline follow-up and lead generation campaigns.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Sopheon products and technologies to be able to customize and personalize engagements to the roles and industry of the prospects.
- Weekly status reporting and feedback to Business Development Management team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B2B business development / inside sales experience
- Willingness to be coached
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sales prospecting tools, and Microsoft Office.
- Internet and web proficiency for research, discovery, and information collection.
- Good time management and people skills.
- High energy, results oriented with good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to achieve volume and quality task objectives.
- Desire to constantly learn through training, coaching, industry publications. Etc.
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-2 years of sales/lead generation/business development experience
- Experience prospecting at the executive level (Director and above).
- Similar industry expertise is preferred.
- Prior experience in technology, SaaS, or software sales is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience using social selling techniques.
- Compensation plan includes base salary and commission plan plus performance bonuses.