Business Development Representative
Reporting directly to the Field & Digital Marketing Manager, EMEA, you will work strategically with the VP Sales and the Field Sales Team to increase sales opportunities and awareness of Sopheon in medium size and enterprise organizations. You will build sales pipeline and generate revenue using warm and cold calling methodologies and targeted campaigns.
- Uncover, qualify and build opportunities to drive a pipeline of high quality leads for Sopheon solutions within the assigned territory and/or target accounts by maintaining daily call and email volume and leveraging research and opportunistic trigger events, news and announcements.
- Partner with Account Executives to understand the goals, KPIs, drivers, challenges, etc. of key prospects in target and customer accounts and to co-develop strategy for pursuit and expansion across these accounts.
- Qualify leads generated from marketing campaigns against pre-defined criteria.
- Nurture early stage leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase urgency/demand, and monitor follow up by Account Executives.
- Participate in execution of targeted marketing and sales campaigns, including outbound calling into target accounts for event attendance.
- Capture sales prospecting activity using Salesforce.com. Enter new contacts into this system as acquired through pipeline follow-up and lead generation campaigns.
- Use tools such as LinkedIn Navigator to track movements of key personas in customer accounts who could provide a door opening into potential prospect accounts.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of Sopheon products and technologies to be able to customize and personalize engagements to the roles and industry of the prospects.
- Weekly status reporting and feedback to Sales and Marketing management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills especially for email, InMail and phone calls.
- B2B business development / inside sales experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Microsoft Office.
- Internet and web proficiency for research, discovery and information collection.
- Good time management and people skills.
- High energy, results oriented with good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to achieve volume and quality task objectives.
- Desire to learn and stay current on sales and marketing methodologies, and related technologies.
- 1-2 years experience in a sales and/or business development role generating leads through effective prospecting.
- Formal sales training (Miller Heiman and/or Customer Centric Selling).
- Experience prospecting at the executive level (Director and above).
- Similar industry expertise is preferred.
- Prior experience in technology, SaaS, or software sales is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience using social selling techniques.
- Compensation plan includes base salary, performance bonuses and corporate bonus
- Unlimited upside on performance bonuses
- Nominal travel (less than 10%)
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.