Commitment to Consumer-Centric Growth via Innovation
In the midst of a year of unprecedented global disruption, Mondelēz International doubled-down on its long-term strategy to accelerate consumer-centric growth. They did so by deploying a new enterprise-wide platform for innovation portfolio and process management, with three goals:
- drive global portfolio transparency,
- speed commercialization, and
- accelerate their response to changing market conditions.
To speed their efforts and manage risks due to pandemic uncertainty, Mondelēz elected to deploy a phased strategy for new product deployment, with the first phase building out a “minimum viable product” (MVP) approach to portfolio and resource planning.
Mondelēz focused these initial efforts on defining a standardized portfolio and resource data model, along with a scalable Stage-Gate ® process framework that could be deployed efficiently across their entire global enterprise.
The Result: Rapid Deployment Leads to Faster Time-to-Value
In a matter of mere months, Mondelēz quickly enabled their global businesses to focus limited resources on the innovations that would create the greatest business impact.
Breaking Down the “MVP” Approach
Watch as Mondelēz details what they did with the deployment and why it worked so well.
Accelerating Enterprise Innovation at Mondelēz International: Deploying an “MVP” Approach to Portfolio and Process Management
See the Mondelēz journey as Andre Dias Alves da Silva, Mondelēz Director Innovation I2M/IIM, and David Malik, Mondelēz Global I2M Commercialization Lead share how Mondelēz:
- Defined their “minimum viable product” approach to enable global portfolio transparency
- Created more efficient and effective ways to prepare and manage their Stage-Gate forums
- Leveraged automation and change management methods to quickly deploy these new processes across the global enterprise
- Plans to build on this “MVP” foundation as they scale their future enterprise innovation capabilities
Read the case study to see how Sopheon helped Mondelēz achieve a 50% reduction in time preparing for gate meetings.