Sopheon is an international supplier of leading edge products in innovation and new product development. Sopheon has operating bases in the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
A company can only be as forward-thinking as its people.
That’s why Sopheon fosters a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages our employees to be...
Sopheon is looking for an Agile Program Manager to coordinate and monitor our Enterprise Development process from initiation through delivery while working in a truly dynamic and agile development environment.
- A member of the product development leadership team, help to grow and mature the development process to advance the maturity of the products we create.
- Drive release execution with cross-functional teams and represent progress and challenges to senior leadership, using metrics and KPIs.
- Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and organization, coaching the team to achieve higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Manage development projects with external vendors and partners.
- Coordinate multiple small teams all working towards common product releases, including core product as well as configuration and content developed outside the core development teams and process.
- Serve as the escalation point for the cross-functional team for impediments that do not have a clear resolution.
- Facilitate effective meetings regardless of location, as virtual team members are expected in our meetings.
- Must be the first to notice discrepancies and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Drive a positive culture, by empowering individuals and fostering team work.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems are raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Continually growing ones craft by learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- Deep knowledge of other Agile approaches and ceremonies: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Proven ability to lead and influence without direct management responsibilities.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development.
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Management of the Agile Tools used by the organization and JIRA Administration experience.
- Presentation of metrics and analysis needed for decision making within the organization.
- Ability to apply Agile principles to fit the needs of the organization.
- Strong coaching skills such as:
- An ability to read a room, sense the unspoken and help to resolve conflict.
- Good judgement in deciding when, and when not, to step in and offer observations, guidance or corrections.
- Experience in expectation management and soft influence.
- Proven ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong drive to serve the user with world class software.
- Ability to thrive in a highly agile, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new technologies to solve problems practically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Can do attitude and approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated knowledge and experience required.
- 5 or more years’ experience driving Agile programs for a commercial software application.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI Agile Certified Professional or demonstrated knowledge and experience
To apply for a position on the Sopheon team, send CV or resume to: email@example.com.
Sopheon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Some positions at Sopheon require consent to and successfully passing a background check prior to employment. Also, certain Sopheon customers operate in sensitive industries and require that individuals undergo background screening prior to being involved in a project. The screening process could include verification of identity, criminal record checks and drug abuse checks. If you join us, you may be required to undergo such additional screenings.