Business Development Executive (BDE)
4/24/2012 2:28:00 PM by Kevin Scott
Department: EMEA Sales
Supervisor: VP Europe
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidate will be responsible for large-scale strategic sales of full product suite. Your objective is to generate the highest revenue throughput possible by closing deals with new customers. You will achieve this by maximizing the conversion of pre-qualified sales opportunities by applying a true consultative approach to business development.
- Develop and maintain a quality pipeline of solution and service opportunities
- Work closely with the product and delivery teams to identify sales opportunities with strategic prospects and engages appropriate resources to develop the opportunity
- Understand, position, and sell the full suite of solutions
- Driving complex enterprise deals end to end. From lead generation and qualification, to solution development and presentation, to contract negotiations, to deal closing and to making sure the deal is property transitioned to product consultants
- Build compelling business cases to support proposals and identify return on investment, successfully concerting opportunities into license sales and consulting engagements.
- Develop strong relationships with potential and exiting clients at SVP, Director and C-levels
- Conduct sales calls and customer prospect visits
- Lead the Statement of Work, negotiation, and contracting process
- Develop, maintain and report opportunities in weekly salesforce.com pipeline management
- Ensure successful delivery of defined solution and maintain contact with current accounts as potential sources of additional business
Skills and Expertise
- Candidate should have 5-10 years CPG, Chemicals and/or Food sector experience
- Experienced in consultative sales process with complex enterprise deals
- Ability to develop and maintain executive level relationships.
- Some experience in operations, preferably in product lifecycle management and related areas
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Germany and sometimes Europe.
- Result oriented, task focused individual with the ability to meet and exceed individual sales targets on a consistent basis
Education and Experience
- Degree in Management, Business, Economics (or equivalent)
- 5 – 10 years of experience in direct field software sales
- Recent evidence of achieving targets of 1m euros plus
- Fluent in English & German. French a plus.